The human nature is to strive for the ideal. The perception of “ideal proportion” has varied with passage of time for lastic Surgery In Chennai . The continued advances in the plastic surgeon’s ability to modify the body image have resulted in an increased demand on the Cosmetic Surgery In Chennai.
The ability of the plastic surgeon to satisfy the patient undergoing aesthetic surgery and to achieve positive behavioural changes depends on many factors like for lastic Surgery In Chennai sensitivity to the patient’s complaints and problems, effective communication and interaction.
Two problems, one is aging, second is obesity, rarely familial problems that puts the body out of shape. Much has been written about the body image; only the surface has been scratched in our understanding of psychological nuances involved in evaluating the prospective Cosmetic Surgery In Chennai patients. Our knowledge of self-image is very superficial.
Aesthetic Surgeon should have experience in dealing with psychological problems and also support of a psychiatrist who can evaluate the emotional status of the patient requesting change in physical appearance. A patient can be very unhappy if the results are criticized by family or close friend in immediate postoperative period.
The ability to penetrate the mask of human behaviour and to sense deep-seated disturbance is a gift that many physicians have and intuition plays an important role. The results depends how patients view’s these results for Craniofacial Surgeons In Chennai. Results can be disastrous for the patients and surgeon if the change is viewed as a negative by patient despite the fact that the lastic Surgery In Chennai and other observer may feel differently
Cosmetic surgery is demanded by the patients. What is obvious deformity to surgeon is not what correction demanded by the patients. It is therefore; the outcome depends on the better understanding and communication between surgeon and patients.
1. Dr Jyotsna's views on Aesthetic Surgery and its demands click here
2. A wide variety of Aesthetic Operations are available Click here to read more
3. While Dr Jyotsna has a keen sense of beauty, she beleives in the importance of inner beauty and better
self image Read more about her
4. For advice on issues relating to cosmesis and aesthetics she may be contacted at
5."I will not perform cosmetic plastic surgery unless my patient demands it." says Dr Jyotsna Murthy Excerpts
from an interesting interview on plastic surgery in the September 15 2004 Issue of Femina..
1. American Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon
2. International Society of Craniofacial Surgeons
3. Asia Pacific Craniofacial Association
4. American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeon, USA
5. American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association, USA
6. Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
7. Indian Society of Cleft Lip, Palate & Craniofacial Anomalies
8. Indian Society of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
9. Indian Association of Plastic Surgeons
10. Indian Association of Surgeons.
11. Indian Academy of Burns Injuries